Table 10: Devolved civil service employment; Scotland, Full-time equivalent
Not Seasonally Adjusted
|Devolved Civil Service|
|Total Devolved Civil Service||Scottish Government Core Directorates (excluding Agencies)||Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal||Scottish Government Agencies||Non-Ministerial Departments|
|Change on year to:|
|% change on year:|
1. Figures have been rounded to the nearest hundred. Percentages are based on unrounded figures.
2. Increases in Scottish Government Agencies are largely due to increased employment in the Scottish Prison Service in preparation for the opening of a new prison.
3. From Q4 2011, NHS has responsibility for employing Healthcare staff within prisons. Previously, these people were employed directly by the Scottish Prison Service ( SPS). In Q2 2012 1,491 & 1,062.1 WTE / headcount staff transferred from Highland Council to NHS Highland.
4. Where the change over the year is less than 50 this rounds to '0'.
5. Detailed tables showing a full time series of data - all quarters back to Q1 1999 - are available to download from the Public Sector Employment Websection: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Statistics/Browse/Labour-Market/PublicSectorEmployment
Email: Susanne Ross
Phone: 0300 244 4000 – Central Enquiry Unit
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House