Table 7: Reconviction rates for crimes by index crime: 2014-15 cohort
1. Shading has been added to the table for the reconvictions of each crime type to visually distinguish the different reconviction rates. The darker the shading, the higher the reconviction rate. White numbers are used on darker backgrounds for contrast.
2. Offenders may be reconvicted for more than one type of crime in a year, so the row totals for the specific crime groups will not necessarily equal the overall percentage in "Any crime".
3. More detailed breakdowns can be found in the additional datasets which will be published to accompany this bulletin.
4. Sexual crime excludes offences associated with prostitution. The latter are included in other crimes and offences. Breach of sexual offender order and breach of sexual harm order are included in other crimes and offences.
5. Breach of the peace grouping, in line with the Criminal Proceedings in Scotland publication, includes the offences of "threating or abusive behaviour" and "offence of stalking", which are part of the Criminal Justice and Licensing (Scotland) Act 2010; and "offensive behaviour at football" and "threatening communications" (under the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communication Scotland Act 2012)".
Email: Mariken Schipper
Phone: 0300 244 4000 – Central Enquiry Unit
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House