Table 12: Percentage 1 of offences involving the alleged use of a firearm that were cleared up 2, Scotland, 2006-07 to 2015-16
|Type of Offence||2006-07||2007-08||2008-09||2009-10||2010-11||2011-12||2012-13||2013-14||2014-15||2015-16|
|Serious assault 4||47||54||40||53||75||71||100||80||100||75|
|Reckless conduct with firearms||58||64||61||64||62||70||63||59||72||68|
|Firearms Act 1968 offences 5||90||86||93||89||86||96||75||85||96||88|
|Common assault 4,6||62||67||67||74||81||75||65||73||86||73|
|Breach of the peace etc. 7||81||86||76||79||80||82||82||75||91||87|
|Other crimes and offences||71||64||54||56||68||51||61||44||55||59|
1. Some of the figures in this table are based on fewer than 100 recorded offences.
2. For further information of the definition of offences being cleared up please see Note 4.5.3.
3. Includes Murder and Culpable homicide (common law). It excludes Causing death by dangerous driving, Causing death by careless driving while under the influence of drink or drugs, Causing death by careless driving, Illegal driver involved in a fatal accident and Corporate homicide.
4. For the distinction between Serious assault and Common assault, please see Note 4.7.2.
5. Possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life, commit crime and cause fear of violence. Does not include miscellaneous firearm offences. These are presented separately in Table 16.
6. Common assault includes the offences of Common assault and Common assault of an emergency worker.
7. Includes Breach of the peace and Threatening or abusive behaviour. Breach of the peace etc. also includes Offence of stalking, Offensive behaviour at football and Threatening communications (Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications Act 2012). However these are not relevant to firearm offences.