Annex A: Summary Description of Support Services for Adult Victims of Human Trafficking
- Will be provided in accordance with Council of Europe Convention obligations
- Will be tailored to the needs of the individual
- Will be delivered in partnership with other agencies as needed
- Will take a human rights based approach and with reference to the Trafficking Survivor Care Standards
- Will be available to any adult victim of trafficking, wherever they are recovered in Scotland
- May include accommodation, day to day living, medical advice and treatment, language translation and interpretation, counselling, legal advice, information about other services available to the adult, repatriation as needed.
- Will be aimed at achieving the best outcomes possible for the client and transitioning them towards safety and recovery.
- Must be provided for the relevant period (to increase to 90 days once relevant Regulations are in force), and may be provided for any days between potential clients coming to the attention of the provider and a reasonable grounds decision.
- Appropriate support may be provided if judged by the provider to be required once the relevant period is completed, up till a conclusive determination is reached. This will take into account other supports that are available to the victim as part of more general mainstream or other provision.
Email: Anncris Roberts, email@example.com
Phone: 0300 244 4000 – Central Enquiry Unit
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House