9. Areas for Future Consideration
The Colorectal Cancer QPI Groups have not been able to identify sufficient evidence, or determine appropriate measurability specifications, to address all areas felt to be of key importance in the treatment of colorectal cancer, and therefore in improving the quality of care for patients affected by colorectal cancer.
The following areas for future consideration have been raised across the lifetime of the Colorectal Cancer QPIs:
- Multi-disciplinary team management of patients with oligometastatic disease.
- Biomarker testing ( RAS, BRAF & MSI) to direct decisions on chemotherapy.
- Side effects and toxicities of systemic anti cancer therapy.
- Post treatment management.
- Management of advanced/metastatic disease.
- Early rectal cancer treatment and recurrence
Email: Chris Booth