1. Scotland's National Performance Framework was published by
the Scottish Government in 2007. It sets out a vision and outcomes
for Scotland's public services, and includes 16 national outcomes.
More information on the National Performance Framework is available
2. All figures in this section are taken from Police Scotland data from June 2015 unless otherwise stated.
3. Equality and Human Rights Commission Inquiry into Human Trafficking in Scotland, 2011. In 2014 the UK National Referral Mechanism received 111 referrals of potential victims of human trafficking first encountered in Scotland. The main reasons given for the trafficking were sexual exploitation, labour exploitation and domestic servitude.
4. Data released by Police Scotland in 2015.
5. A type of malicious software designed to block access to a computer system until a sum or money is paid.
6. Cyber threats include virus and spyware; phishing emails and other cyber-enabled fraud; hacking to steal data or intellectual property; spoof or malicious websites set up to mimic the website of a reputable company