3. All figures presented here are contained within the forthcoming publication of Energy in Scotland.
4. Devolution of the management of the Crown Estate in Scotland creates significant opportunities for Scotland, local communities and industry which we are keen to maximise. On 4th Jan 2017 the Scottish Government published the 'Consultation on the Long Term Management of the Crown Estate in Scotland' which seeks views on how the Crown Estate in Scotland should be managed in future and what reforms are needed.
8. International Energy Agency's World Energy Outlook 2016, New Policies Scenario.
9. 2011 HIS Cera Inc, 'Oil Sands, Greenhouse Gases and European Oil Supply' : Getting the Numbers Right. Available at: https://cdn.ihs.com/ihs/cera/Oil-Sands-Greenhouse-Gases-and-European-Oil-Supply.pdf
10. 'The Fifth Carbon Budget - the next step towards a low-carbon economy', Chapter 4. Available at: https://www.theccc.org.uk/publication/the-fifth-carbon-budget-the-next-step-towards-a-low-carbon-economy/
11. Independent Report on Underground Coal Gasification, October 2016 - http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2016/10/2704
15. CCU is a process whereby CO 2 from point sources is recovered and converted into commercially valuable products, including bio-oils, chemicals, fertilisers and fuels.
16. Lowest Cost Decarbonisation for the UK: The Critical Role of CCS - available at: http://www.ccsassociation.org/news-and-events/reports-and-publications/parliamentary-advisory-group-on-ccs-report/
17. The United Kingdom ( UK) National Comprehensive Assessment of District Heating and Cooling (2015), required by the European Union ( EU) Energy Efficiency Directive 2012, estimated that 4TWh p.a. (7%) of Scotland's total heat demand in 2025 could be met by district heating and cooling on a socially cost-effective basis. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-national-comprehensive-assessment-of-the-potential-for-combined-heat-and-power-and-district-heating-and-cooling-in-the-uk
20. The Benefits of Pumped Storage Hydro in the UK: https://www.scottishrenewables.com/publications/benefits-pumped-storage-hydro-uk/
21. The 'Energy in Scotland 2016' publication uses the non-domestic sector as an example of one method for measuring this.
22. SEEP Pilot projects are already being funded by the Scottish Government in 11 local authorities, looking at integrated programmes to improve the energy performance of residential, commercial and public buildings, together with investments to decarbonise the heat supply.
28. The World Bank Green Bond raises funds from fixed income investors to support World Bank lending for eligible projects that seek to mitigate climate change or help affected people adapt to it.
Email: Jenna Williamson