1. Section 3B is inserted into the 2000 Act by section 1 of the 2016 Act.
2. Section 3D is inserted into the 2000 Act by section 2 of the 2016 Act.
3. "National Improvement Framework" is defined in section 58(1) of the 2000 Act as amended by section 2(4)(b) of the 2016 Act.
4. Section 3F and 3H are inserted into the 2000 Act by section 3 of the 2016 Act.
10. Case studies will be published on Education Scotland's Improvement Hub when the statutory guidance is published in full - expected March 2017.
12. Definition is adapted from Sonia Jackson's definition of 'parenting' presented in M. Davies (ed) (2000) The Blackwell Encyclopaedia of Social Work, Oxford, Blackwell, and cited in the Scottish Government (2008) These Are Our Bairns: A Guide for Community Planning Partnerships on Being a Good Corporate Parent.
14. See section 3B(1) and (2) of the 2000 Act.
16. Section 2(2) of the 2000 Act
17. Supporting Children's Learning, Code Of Practice for Additional Support for Learning http://www.gov.scot/resource/doc/348208/0116022.pdf
20. The National Standards for Community Engagement are being refreshed and are due for publication approx. July 2016.
23. Scotland Performs 'sustained positive destinations' measure will be replaced by a new 'Participation' measure in late 2016 which will instead measure the proportion of young people participating in learning, training and work.
25. Section 3C(2) and (6) of the 2000 Act (as inserted into the 2000 Act by section 2 of the 2016 Act).
26. As set out at section 2(1) of the 2000 Act.
27. The wording here reflects that of the legislation.
28. Section 3C of the 2000 (as inserted by section 2 of the 2016 Act).
29. Sections 3E, 3F, 3G and 3H of the 2000 Act (as inserted by section 3 of the 2016 Act)
30. Section 6 of the 2000 Act (as amended by section 3(4) of the 2016 Act).
32. Consideration to be given to possible improvement planning tools that could potentially be suggested for use.
34. Section 3(5) of the 2016 Act amends section 7 of the 2000 Act to require authorities in defining measures and standards of performance for the purposes of carrying out a review of school performance, to take account of the Framework and the annual plan published by the authority under section 3F of the 2000 Act. Section 3(6) of the 2016 Act makes consequential amendments to section 8 of the 2000 Act to refer instead to "school improvement plan" and section 3(7) replaces the definition of "school development plan" with a definition of "school improvement plan" in section 58(1) of the 2000 Act.
Email: Hazel Crawford, email@example.com