The Scottish Ministers give the following Directions to the Scottish Environment Protection Agency with respect to the carrying out of its functions under the Water Environment and Water Services (Scotland) Act 2003, lhereinafter referred to as 'the Act'.
These Directions are made in exercise of powers conferred by sections 2(6), 10(1), 14(1) and (2) of the Act.
Citation, commencement and application
1. These Directions may be cited as the Scotland River Basin District (Preparation, Submission and Revision of River Basin Management Plan) Directions 2007 and shall come into force on 1st January 2008.
2. These Directions extend to Scotland only.
3. (1) In these Directions-
"the plan" means a river basin management plan;
"the river basin district" means the Scotland River Basin District as designated in the Water Environment and Water Services (Scotland) Act 2003 (Designation of Scotland River Basin District) Order 20032
(2) Words and expression used in these Directions which are also used in the Act shall have the same meaning as in the Act.
River Basin Management Plan - publicity and consultation
4. SEPA shall provide a draft of the draft plan that it is to publish under section 11(3) to the Scottish Ministers at least three months prior to publication under that section. Preparation and submission of initial River Basin Management Plan
5. (1) In order that the Scottish Ministers ensure (in accordance with their duties under section 2(1) ofthe Act) that the plan for the river basin district is published by 22nd December 2009, SEPA shall prepare and submit the plan to the Scottish Ministers by 22nd September 2009.
(2) The plan referred to in paragraph (1) shall be for the period from 22nd December 2009 to 22nd December 2015.
Revision of River Basin Management plan
6. In order that the Scottish Ministers ensure (in accordance with their duties under section 2(1) the Act) that a reviewed and updated plan for the river basin district is published by 22nd December 2015, and that such plan is reviewed, updated and published every six years after the anniversary of that date; SEPA shall review, update and thereafter prepare and submit to the Scottish Ministers a revised plan for that river basin district by 22nd September 2015, and thereafter by each sixth anniversary of 22nd September 2015.
Email: Joyce Carr firstname.lastname@example.org