What we do
We ensure success for Scotland's learners through an effective school system and wider learning environment.
We are responsible for:
- promoting quality implementation of the Curriculum for Excellence
- developing a teaching workforce with the right ambition, skills and motivation
- leadership in schools, communities and nationally
- ensuring infrastructure and access to digital technology is available
- implementing a system that focuses on performance improvement, innovation and good practice