FOI reference: FOI/18/00260
Date received: 24 January 2018
Date responded: 21 February 2018
1. Who did the First Minister consult in 2010 over the changes to the policy that covers "Days for hoisting flags on buildings of the Scottish Government?"
2. What was the details of the consultation?
3. Why was the practice changed in 2010 but the policy wasn't updated until 2017?
I will answer each of your questions in the order you asked.
1. As the previous First Minister made clear in his press statement of 24 January 2018, he discussed this matter with Her Majesty The Queen in 2010. I include a link to Mr Salmond's press statement for your information.
2. I enclose a copy of the information you requested and subsequent correspondence on the topic.
3. The flag flying policy was changed in 2010 and has remained unaltered since then.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House