Hydro Nation Forum
Role of the group
The Hydro Nation Forum was established as a high-level group of water experts from industry, academia and public sector to advise Scottish Ministers on the overall direction and focus of the Hydro Nation agenda.
Chaired by the Cabinet Secretary for Environment, Climate Change and Land Reform, the Forum provides guidance and tracks progress of the strategy at biannual meetings.
With the Forum's help we continually review the overarching Hydro Nation strategy on our current four key and interlinking themes of National, Innovation, International, and Knowledge to ensure our Hydro Nation programme is fit for purpose and is working to support the sector's needs.
- Chair: Roseanna Cunningham MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Environment, Climate Change and Land Reform.
- Professor Bob Ferrier, Director of Research Impact, James Hutton Institute.
- Chrysoula Pantsi, Edinburgh Napier University School of Engineering and Built Environment.
- Dr Alan MacDonald, Principal Hydrogeologist at the British Geological Survey.
- Terry A'Hearn, Chief Executive of SEPA.
- Professor Robert Kalin, Professor of Environmental Engineering for Sustainability at Strathclyde University.
- Steve Dunlop, Chief Executive of Scottish Canals.
- Alan Sutherland, Chief Executive, Water Industry Commission Scotland.
- May East, UNITAR Fellow.
- Professor Campbell Gemmell, University of Glasgow.
- Galen Fulford, Managing Partner of Biomatrix Water Technology.
- Dr Michael Gormley, School of Built Environment, Heriot Watt University.
- Professor Simon Parsons, Director of Strategic Customer Service Planning.
- Dr David Johnstone, Senior Visiting Research Associate at the School of Geography and the Environment, University of Oxford.
- Gail Walker, Water Policy Team Manager within the Consumer Futures Unit at Citizens Advice Scotland.
- Alan Simpson, Chairman of the Institute of Civil Engineers.
- Professor Chris Spray, Chair of Water Science and Policy, UNESCO Centre for Water Law, Policy and Science, University of Dundee.
- Nick Lyth, Director, Green Angel Syndicate.
- Jan Reid, Senior Manager, Low Carbon Technologies at Scottish Enterprise.
- Audrey MacIver, Director of Energy and Low Carbon at Highlands and Islands Enterprise.
- Jim Panton, CEO Panton McLeod Ltd., and Chair Of institute of Water (Scotland).
- Kirsty Holstead, Hydro Nation Scholar.
- Adrian Sym, Chief Executive Officer, Alliance for Water Stewardship.
- Neil Gordon, Regional Manager (Edinburgh) and Principal Consultant, EnviroCentre.
- Scotland the Hydro Nation: annual report 2015
- Scotland the Hydro Nation: annual report 2014
- Scotland the Hydro Nation: prospectus and proposals for legislation consultation
- Hydro Nation Forum Minutes: June 2018
- Hydro Nation Forum minutes: January 2018
- Hydro Nation Forum minutes: June 2017
- Hydro Nation Forum minutes: January 2017
- Hydro Nation Forum minutes: June 2016