Strengthening consumer support
We are committed to creating a consumer protection system that is effective, flexible and capable of both protecting consumers from harm and empowering them to make good choices.
This requires working with other organisations to strengthen the services available to support consumers.
We are strengthening consumer advocacy by:
- working with Citizens Advice Scotland to strengthen its consumer support
- contributing to Trading Standards reviews to ensure more effective enforcement
- improving links between government and the provision of consumer advice
- strengthening data-sharing arrangements between Trading Standards bodies and the Citizens Advice service
- working with redress providers to raise standards and develop more consistent procedures