Cyber learning and skills
Scotland's people are our first and strongest line of defence against cyber threats.
The keys to making Scotland a more cyber resilient nation are:
- learning how to keep people and organisations safe from cyber crime
- developing the technical skills necessary for cyber security-specific roles
Learning and skills action plan
An ingrained understanding of cyber resilience that starts in school is key to achieving our wider strategic goal of digital participation. This will lead to citizens having greater confidence online.
Working with partners from across all sectors, the Scottish Government has developed a Cyber Resilience Learning and Skills Action Plan which supports the development of cyber resilient behaviours amongst our population, but also helps to build a skilled and growing cyber security profession for Scotland.
The development of the plan has been collaborative and our key partners include:
- National Cyber Resilience Leaders Board
- College Development Network
- Education Scotland
- Skills Development Scotland
- Scottish Union Learning