What we do
We ensure the operation of Scotland's justice system, including criminal, civil and family law, and administrative justice.
We are responsible for:
- improvements in the effectiveness of the justice system
- designing policy on punishment and rehabilitation
- ensuring civil and criminal law reflects the needs of society and meets European and international requirements
- strengthening the response to domestic abuse and other forms of violence against women
- improving public health and safety through effective licensing frameworks