Scotland has become a safer place, with recorded crime at its lowest level since 1974.
We are increasingly focusing our efforts on prevention and are working with partners to target the underlying causes of crime, including poverty and inequality.
We are taking action to prevent and tackle a range of crimes including:
- human trafficking
- serious organised crime
- violence against women and girls
- violence and knife crime
- sectariansism and hate crime
- the sharing of intimate images or video without consent
- cyber crime
- sexual offences committed against children
We are also:
- investing in policing
- working to address the root causes of crime, including poverty and inequality
Justice in Scotland: vision and priorities (2017 to 2020) sets out our strategy to create safer, just and more resilient communities.
It was published alongside a justice delivery plan for 2017 to 2018.
Telephone: 0300 244 4000
Post: Scottish Government Housing and Social Justice Directorate Victoria Quay Edinburgh EH6 6QQ