Table A15 Major economic indicators of Scottish agriculture, 2011 to 2015
|A. Net value added at factor cost (1)||1,258||1,081||1,277||1,238||1,153|
|B. Returns to all labour (2)||1,183||998||1,197||1,140||1,053|
|C. TIFF (3)||825||662||850||791||681|
|Stockchange due to volume in outputs||-27||-43||1||12||2|
|Stockchange due to volume in inputs||-5||-6||9||2||-3|
|Capital formation in livestock||122||139||166||181||194|
|minus consumption of capital in livestock||159||178||171||182||174|
|D. Sub total||-70||-88||5||14||18|
|E. Adjusted TIFF (4) (C-D)||895||750||846||777||662|
|Change in borrowings||151||-51||72||-14||-34|
|F. Sub total||454||260||367||264||226|
|G. Capital investment (5)||205||234||175||164||179|
|H. Cash available (E+F-G)||1,144||776||1,038||878||710|
|Annual work units of entrepreneurial labour (6)||27,120||27,363||26,890||26,688||26,462|
|TIFF per AWU (£)||30,428||24,201||31,626||29,626||25,722|
|Net value added at factor cost||1,328||1,123||1,301||1,238||1,140|
|TIFF per AWU (£)||32,116||25,135||32,208||29,626||25,417|
|Net value added at factor cost||167||141||163||156||143|
|TIFF per AWU (£)||299||234||300||276||237|
(1) Net Value Added at Factor Cost (formerly known as Net Product) is a measure of the value added by the agricultural industry to all goods and services from outside agriculture after provision has been made for depreciation.
(2) Represents Net Value Added at Factor Cost less Rent and Interest payments and so is equivalent to the total returns to labour inputs.
(3) TIFF (Total Income From Farming) represents the return, to all those with an entrepreneurial interest in agricultural production, for their labour, management skills and own capital invested after providing for depreciation.
(4) After adjustments for input and output stock changes due to volume (including breeding livestock). Adjustments are also made to convert the effect of subsidies included within the calculation of TIFF from an accruals to a cash paid basis.
(5) The value of work carried out by entrepreneurial labour in the creation of new capital is deducted from the total value of capital investment.
(6) The total volume of labour provided by those with an entrepreneurial interest in terms of full-time equivalents.