1. The Homeless Persons (Unsuitable Accommodation) (Scotland) Order 2014 replaces the Homeless Persons (Unsuitable Accommodation) (Scotland) Order 2004. The 2014 order repeats the 2004 order but additionally includes the provision that accommodation is unsuitable if it is “not wind and watertight”. It can be found online at: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ssi/2014/243/made. Further information about the Order, including the recent Homeless Persons Amendment Order 2017 can be found in the Summary of current legislation.
2. Of the 37 households with children or a pregnant member in bed and breakfast accommodation, 3 households were not considered to be in unsuitable accommodation, as per Article 6 of The Homeless Persons (Unsuitable Accommodation) (Scotland) Order.
3. Due to I.T. problems, Aberdeenshire submitted partial data for the period July to September 2017; Aberdeenshire data for this period has therefore been estimated based on the aggregate figure of HL1 applications stated in their HL2 return. For more information, see the data quality section.
5. Homelessness in Scotland: 2016/17, provides further background information on the reductions in homelessness applications over time, in the Applications section.
6. More information on the questionnaire for homelessness applications can be found in the output specification for the data, found at: http://www.gov.scot/Topics/Statistics/15257/OutputSpecification
7. Which can be found online at: http://www.gov.scot/Topics/Statistics/Browse/Housing-Regeneration/RefTables
8. If before 31 st December 2012.