Increasing Representation of Women on Private Sector Boards in Scotland - Research Findings
7. The research has involved:
- A review of the policy and academic literature.
- Interviews with key stakeholders including Scottish Government, Scottish Enterprise, Highlands and Islands Enterprise, Skills Development Scotland, Investors in People, key business representative organisations, the Equality and Human Rights Commission and a range of organisations and individuals with a particular interest in improving the gender balance of the workforce and/or private sector boards.
- An e-survey of private sector companies. 55 companies with boards took part in the e-survey.
- Case studies with 10 private sector companies. These were selected to reflect a range of different experiences - including both companies that were actively seeking to improve the gender balance and broader diversity of their board and those that were not.