You have the right to make a scheduled monument enforcement notice appeal to Scottish Ministers where Historic Environment Scotland:
- issues a scheduled monument enforcement notice
The attached guidance explains:
- what the appeals process is
- how to complete and submit your form
- how to get in touch
- how to send documents to the DPEA electronically
There is no fee for this type of appeal. Everybody who participates in the process is normally expected to cover their own expenses.
This form and guidance relates to appeals made under:
- Section 9C of the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Areas Act 1979
- the Scheduled Monument (Appeals) (Scotland) Regulations 2015
A guide to planning appeals explains what can be appealed to ministers and provides context for our appeals forms.