An errata was issued on 7 December 2017.
Page 3 - Guarantor Bullet point updated to read:
a third party, such as a parent or close relative, who agrees to pay rent if the Tenant doesn’t pay it and meet any other obligation that the Tenant fails to meet. The Landlord can take legal action to recover any unpaid rent from a guarantor.
Page 9 - 8 RENT, first line, updated to read:
The rent is £ ... a [week/fortnight/four weeks/calendar month/quarter/6 months] payable in [advance/arrears].
Page 10 - 11 DEPOSIT updated to read:
The Landlord must lodge any deposit they receive with a tenancy deposit scheme within 30 working days of the start date of the tenancy.
Page 22 - 26 LOCAL AUTHORITY TAXES/CHARGES:
The Landlord will notify the local authority that the Tenant is responsible for paying the council tax and any other associated charges.
The pdf and html have both been updated to reflect these changes.
- Private residential tenancy overview
- Private residential tenancy: guide for landlords
- Private residential tenancy: guide for tenants
- Private residential tenancy: easy read notes for tenants
- Private residential tenancy: statutory terms supporting notes
- Private residential tenancy: prescribed notices and forms