5. The Children and Young People (Scotland) Act 2014. See http://www.legislation.gov.uk/asp/2014/8/pdfs/asp_20140008_en.pdf. This Act ensures that all children and young people from birth to 18 years old have access to a named person who will advocate in their best interest.
6. Grandparents, step-parents, kinship carers, foster and adoptive parents, 'corporate parents' of children looked after by the state, extended families, networks and communities - each has an important role to play in the care and upbringing of children and young people (Scottish Government, 2012).
9. These evidence summaries, produced by NHS Health Scotland will be available for inclusion at the time of publication.
10. UNICEF (2014) Having meaningful conversations with mothers. A guide to using the baby friendly signature sheets page 12.
11. Should be given once an informed decision about feeding choice has been made - usually on discharge from hospital. The leaflet should also be given if formula feeding replaces breastfeeding or mixed feeding is the method of choice - could be any time in the first 6 months breastfeeding or mixed feeding is the method of choice - could be any time in the first 6 months