Annex C: Overview Isle of Man Trawl Fishery Summary 2016
- A TAC of 1012 tonnes was set for the 2016 Isle of Man trawl fishery. The fishery opened on 4 th July 2016.
- To date 31 of the 40 licenced vessels that nominated to take part in the 2016 trawl fishery have prosecuted it.
- A weekly catch limit per vessel of 4200 kg (120 x 35 kg bags) was set for Weeks 1 - 10 and subsequently reduced to 2800 kg (80 x 35 kg bags) for Weeks 11 onwards.
- The average LPUE (kg per hour per m of net width) dropped from an island-wide average of 33.16 kg in 2015 to 14.02 kg in 2016.
- Average LPUE (standardised for net size and fishing time) for an example fishing ground is displayed for 2015 and 2016 below. The chart shows the decrease in LPUE that is apparent both within and between fishing seasons.
- The dredge fishery is due to open on 3 October, with a TAC of 228 tonnes. Nine vessels nominated to prosecute this fishery in 2016.
Figure 8 LPUE (standardised for net size and fishing time) for the Isle of Man queen scallop trawl fishery displayed for an example fishing ground within the Isle of Man's territorial sea showing the decrease in LPUE that is apparent both within and between fishing seasons.