Table 15: Individuals convicted in 2014-15, by gender, age and number and type of previous convictions in 10 years from 2005-16 to 2014-15
(see notes 1 and 2)
1. This table is compiled on a different basis to tables 1-12; using individuals convicted in 2014-15 (and counting their previous convictions over 10 years) rather than those convicted in 2013-14 (and counting how many are reconvicted in the 2014-15 follow up period).
2. Changes have been made to how this table is reported since the 2011-12 Offender Cohort bulletin. For improved clarity, and to allow comparisons between and down columns, as well as across rows, the absolute numbers of offenders are reported. Prior to the 2011-12 Offender Cohort bulletin, the relative proportions of offenders across a single row in each column were reported as percentages.
3. From the Reconvictions Rates in Scotland 2010-11 Cohort Bulletin onwards, changes have been made to the way this table is reported. The number and type of previous convictions are now based upon a 10 year window.
4. Age as at date of last conviction in 2013-14.
5. Community Sentence refers to Restriction of Liberty Orders, Drug Treatment and Testing Orders, Community Service Orders, Probation Orders and Community Payback Orders ( CPOs). Community Payback Orders ( CPOs) were introduced by the Criminal Justice and Licensing (Scotland) Act 2010 and came into effect from 1 February 2011. The CPO replaces provisions for Community Service Orders, Probation Orders and Supervised Attendance Orders.
6. The 'Other' category includes Supervised Attendance Orders. It also includes: remit to children's hearing; community reparation order; caution; admonition; absolute discharge; insanity; guardianship; and hospital order.
7. Convictions for crimes or common assault, breach of the peace, racially aggravated conduct or harassment, firearms offences or social security offences. Excludes convictions outside of Scotland.
8. Convictions in the high court or in a sheriff and jury court.
Email: Mark Bell
Phone: 0300 244 4000 – Central Enquiry Unit
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House