Our scale of ambition
Our vision is of Scotland as a world-leading entrepreneurial and innovative nation - a CAN DO place for business.
Our ambition is to achieve:
- an increase in entrepreneurship and innovation activity from individuals and businesses in Scotland resulting in more businesses being formed and new products and services from existing businesses;
- more people from all walks of life with the ambition and skills to create, lead and grow successful businesses;
- an education system with entrepreneurship and innovation at its core, seizing the opportunities presented by Curriculum for Excellence, college reform and the world-leading strength of our universities;
- more of our knowledge and intellectual capital being commercialised and greatly increased collaboration between business and the academic sector; and
- a greater focus on, and share of, global markets as our business leaders grow in confidence and expand their horizons internationally.
As we stated in Scotland CAN DO, our success in achieving these goals will depend on how effectively our public, private, and third sectors work together. We need a collective Team Scotland approach that brings companies, universities, public agencies and customers together to exploit more of the opportunities that drive growth and increase exports. To that end, we continue to welcome your views on what you can do to increase Scotland's competitiveness and economic growth through increased entrepreneurship and innovation.
How can we work with you to fulfil the vision and ambitions of Scotland CAN DO?
Please contact us at: CANDO@scotland.gsi.gov.uk
Email: Tom Craig, firstname.lastname@example.org