Table 11: Reconviction rates and average number of reconvictions per offender, by Local Authority group: 2014-15 cohort
|Local Authority group 1||Number of offenders||Reconviction rate||Average number of reconvictions|
|Glasgow City 2,3||8,326||29.8||0.54|
|North and South Lanarkshire 4||4,900||28.7||0.52|
|Edinburgh and Midlothian 5||4,704||28.3||0.53|
|Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire 6||3,415||27.1||0.50|
|Na h-Eileanan Siar||1,416||24.1||0.38|
|Argyll & Bute||439||23.5||0.35|
|East and West Dunbartonshire 7,8||1,125||30.0||0.53|
|East Renfrewshire and Renfrewshire 9||1,471||28.6||0.49|
|Dumfries & Galloway||1,286||27.1||0.48|
|East, North, and South Ayrshire 10||3,552||30.7||0.54|
|Perth & Kinross||1,092||21.5||0.34|
1. Approximate areas are based on where the courts of the offenders' index convictions are located, including high courts. Some sheriff court boundaries include more than one Local Authority area, so they are grouped together so that there are 25 groups of Local Authorities rather than all 32 being displayed separately. See relevant footnotes below.
2. Glasgow Sheriff Court also serves parts of East Dunbartonshire, and North Lanarkshire and South Lanarkshire. However, since this analysis is based on approximation of court areas, numbers for Glasgow Sheriff Court are only included within the Glasgow Local Authority area.
3. Includes the Stipendiary Magistrates court.
4. North and South Lanarkshire (Airdrie, Hamilton and Lanark Sheriff Courts). Some parts of North and South Lanarkshire are also covered by Glasgow Sheriff Court, but the figures for Glasgow Sheriff Court are only included within the Glasgow Local Authority area.
5. City of Edinburgh and Midlothian (Edinburgh Sheriff Court).
6. Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire (Aberdeen, Banff, Stonehaven and Peterhead Sheriff Courts).
7. Parts of East Dunbartonshire are also served by Glasgow Sheriff Court, but the figures for Glasgow Sheriff Court are only included within the Glasgow Local Authority area.
8. East and West Dunbartonshire (Dumbarton Sheriff Court).
9. Renfrewshire and East Renfrewshire (Paisley Sheriff Court).
10. East, North, and South Ayrshire (Kilmarnock and Ayr Sheriff Courts).
Email: Mariken Schipper
Phone: 0300 244 4000 – Central Enquiry Unit
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House